Sunday, August 2, 2009

Any kind of rodent..?

What is your opinon on rats or any other kind of rodent for that matter. Do you think they smell or do you think they are the cutest thing in the world?
Just a question - I have a fish. Do you think the fish will eat the rat? I know this is a stupid question but i have heard of a rat eating a cat (not the whole thing, just a chunk.)
Now back to rats. I want to know your opinion on them. Would you get one if they were free? And no im not planning on selling them for free. It's not my idea to get one its my fiances. He wants one so bad but i keep telling him no. What should i do? The rat is really cute but i have a problem with long tails. Should i get the rat for a surprise for him and then cut the rats tail off. This may seem kind of gross but it might just work.
Answers:
I'm amazed! To think there are people like you who are so callous and ignorant to think you could cut off an animals appendage because you don't like it. Would you also cut off your husband's manly bits if they started to repell you?!? How about cutting off your arm or leg?
I seriously hope your husband thinks twice about getting any kind of pet while he's still with you.
Do NOT get a rat, or any other kind of pet! You are not someone I would consider to be a "good" pet owner!
I can't believe you would even consider cutting a rat's tail off. I'm hoping you're kidding...otherwise you are an absoloutly horrible person.
And how the hell would a fish and a rat get close enough to know if they would fight?
I like rats..they are sweet and very smart. They only smell if the cage is not cleaned. How on earth would fish eat the rat? Do you plan on putting the rat in the tank? LOL
Cut the tail off? Are you some sort of sicko?
If the tail bothers you look for a rat breeder who breeds manx(tailess rats they do exsist!) The rat and fish will leave each other alone. Rats don't smell that bad, mice are worse, but you get use to it. Females don't smell as bad and you should get 2 so they don't get lonly.
Rats are very nice loveable pets! I had two but one of them jut died so now I only have my baby! My baby rat name Elijah used to be my science teachers and she kept trying to feed it to her python. She dangled it above the snakes cage and half of his tail ripped off. So hes okay and theres nothing wrong with him so I suppose you cutting the rats tail off wouldn't kill him. Also that is extremely unhumane and could result in an infection. There tails are very cool. So you cutting the rats tail off is not really the best thing to do. I know for a fact that no vet would do that and can you imagie the pain that the rat would have to go through while you chopped his tail off. I think that you shopld get a rat but let him keep his tail!
I think rats or any kind of rodent is the cutest things in the world. but i really don't think the rat will eat ur fish unless you give it to him. And about the tail hing...thats animal abuse. if i knew you id report u no offense.
rats use their tails to regulate their body temperature. if he wants the rat and you don't then make him solely responsable for it.
Cutting the tail off is the worst possible thing you can do to a rat. They're tails have a vital organ inside that help the rat mantain his body temperature. A fish will not eat a rat, and I really don't think a rat from PetSmart will eat a chunk of a cat, I'm sorry. (Any percectly good animal wouldn't,LOL). I happen to own a rat, and they are quite cute, and VERY intelligent. (They can reconize their care givers!) If you don't clean their cage often enough, they do star to smell, but cleaning out a cage isn't take ahrd (unless yours in hu-mongus like mine).
Hamsters, I think are mean. I've gotten bit by every one I've ever picked up, and gerbils aren't much better. (No offence to anyone, my opinion) Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, and Chinchillas make excellent pets (I've heard), and all of the ones I've held are really sweet, and just lay their like the attention hogs they are.
Ferrets smell. Horrible, and the worst thing is there is no way around it. If you have a ferret, you have a smell. In any petstore you can find a ferret "Deodorant" to help. Also, ferret have a tendancy to jump at you ankles and bit becuase of they're bad eyesight.
A guinea pig is the pet I want right now, and from all I've read and been told, they are not as hard to take care of as they sound. They need fresh veggies and fruits (but not to much of diarrihea can occur), and they need theyre cage cleaned once/twice a week.Not too bad, actually.
Rabbits are smart, but they scream. A rabbit screaming is the worst noise I've ever heard, LOL.They can live inside or outside, pretty much like little drop-kick dogs if you spoil them rotten.
Chinchillas are REALLY soft. My cousin had one for 4H,and still has it. Chilla is perfectly good around crowds, but the only downfall is they are expensive little buggers. At my local PetSmart they cost about $120 dollars and the starter kit (not including the Dust bath) is around the same. Chins have to take dust baths to clean they're fur, and those cost about $20 dollars at my PetSmart (you have to buy the little igloo-type-thing and the dust seperatly).
Honestly, I think a rabbit would be good for you, and your situation.(Just don't cut off it's tail)
Cut the tail off?!? Are you serious. I hope your arrested and you need to be in a mental institution. How would you like it if someone chopped YOUR butt off because they didn't like it? I'm disgusted that ignorant people like you would even think about it. Don't EVER get a pet!
i think ferrets are the cuttest

No comments:

Post a Comment