Sunday, August 2, 2009

Approximate cost for a pair of gerbils and their accesories?

I'll be getting a pair of gerbils sometime in August (hence my username--I'm really excited ;)! ), and I was wondering what the price would be, more-or-less, for the following:
-Bag of food
-A water bottle
-A small nesting box
-A solid-material wheel
-Chinchilla dust to bathe in
-A run-around ball (like a hamster ball)
-The two gerbils themselves
...And perhaps a climbing toy.
I already have their tank, so that's fine. I live in Canada, though, so please give Canadian prices if possible. Thanks!
Answers:
Some pet centers offer specials - meaning you buy the cage and all the goodies in it and they will give you the hamster/or gerbil. I think the last time I set myself with all it cost about $50 - $75. But that is all up front stuff. The costs associated with keeping a gerbil is minimal - just food, maybe treats, and whatever you will use to line the cage with: cedar chips or saw dust. . .
$250-300, it costs alot! I am always broke now!
food is about 3 pounds
cage is about 30 pounds
accsesories is about 10 pounds
animals are about 14 pounds for two
be prepared for vet bills can be up to 200 pounds at a time
congrats! i just got my 2 gerbils in january, they are a lot of fun! i live in the u.s. but it can't be that much different. i remember that the gerbils themselves were about $12 each. and it came up to about $200 in all. i had to save up to buy mine and i had to pay for them, that's why i remember.
you may want to go to the pet store and bring a calculator and add up the prices for everything you see that you want to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment