Sunday, August 2, 2009

Any kinda shampoos or soaps can I clean my guinea pig with?

So is there kinda human shampoos or soaps I can use that wont hurt my piggie?
Answers:
http://www.petco.com/product/11411/pet-s...
i use cucumber
something safe for kittens or puppies
they should all be ok just make sure it isnt too perfumy cause it can irritate thier skin adn also watch his eyes...lol
You should not use human products, often these are too strong, especially considering that guinea pigs have very sensitive skin. The three shampoos recommended on Guinea Lynx are:
Bunny Bath by Four Paws
Hylyt Hypoallergenic Shampoo
EPI-SOOTHE庐 SHAMPOO
http://www.guinealynx.info/grooming.html...
Washing should only be done as they need it eg if they have fallen asleep on a piece of lettuce and are now all sticky. Guinea pigs find the whole bathing process terrifying so do not do if for fun. I use washing up liquid when washing my girls, it is cheap, safe and not hard on their skin.
Good Luck!!
No. You have to use a Guinea Pig Poo. Use "Squeaky Clean."
Its great. I use it on my guinea pig and his fur is so soft, shiny, clean, and smeel so good after I wash him with the stuff!
i use to wash my hamster with just a bit of regular soap about a dime sized dab on a cloth works
I use baby shampoo or tear free suave on my girlie rats AS WELL as my kids. They all smell like coconut this week. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment