Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are critter trail cages for hamsters dishwasher safe?

I didn't get the box, the let us have the one that is on display so we don't have to set it up. So i don't know if they are or not. So are critter trail cages dishwasher safe?
I use critter trail pink -
http://www.petsr4u.com/proddetail.asp?pr...
Answers:
ummm y would u put a cage full of animal waste in the dish washer anyways
I have a critter trail cage and I have washed it in the dishwasher...TOP RACK ONLY. The bottom is too hot and may melt/warp the plastic.
If your machine has a "light wash" option...use that.
No, and it's not the dishwasher you should be worried about. I worked at petsmart for a year and I have to say I hate critter trail cages. For one, cleaning is very difficult. Which is probably why you are considering shoving the cage in the dishwasher. You have to ask yourself if you really want to be cleaning something with poo all over it where you will be cleaning your dishes even if you were able to put this cage in the dishwasher. Another thing to consider is that your hamster likes to chew on plastic, making this cage a time bomb. More than likely your hamster will escape from this cage. I would say forget about the critter trail and get a wire cage. It's safer for your pet and easier to clean.
Warm soap and water, dry thoroughly.Try this site for info www.drsfosterandsmith.com
do not put any part of any thing for animals in a dishwasher...first of all, it will melt...second of all.it uses soap and the hampster will get sick..trust me ive done it...best thing to do is just use water and scrub it down..
no use dishwash. liq and hot water.

1 comment: