Monday, May 24, 2010

Are rabbits considered as a rodent?

Are rabbits considered as a rodent?
Answers:
Yes rabbits are considered as rodents and you can ask about rabbits in this section, So yes rabbits are rodents
Good luck
~ RR
yes
Unfortunately because of their teeth and the fact that they need to gnaw etc they are considered rodents.. however my bunny will always be my bunny. No way is he like a rat! :)
Yes. "Bright Eyes" is a rodent.
No, they belong to a different order of mammals. You are close though. You were just a hare off. They belong to the order 'Lagamorpha'. If you have another question about rabbits, I am all ears. I would love to answer it as soon as my nose stops twitching. I will really hop to it.
Nope. they are not. Rodents have two front teeth. Bunnies have four.
They are Lagomorphs. From order lagomorpha not rodenta.
Perhaps people get 'rodent' and 'vermin' mixed up.
Rabbits are Lapines, not rodents.
Nope
Rabbits and hares were formerly classified in the order Rodentia (rodent) until 1912, when they were moved into a new order Lagomorpha.

No comments:

Post a Comment