Monday, May 24, 2010

Are Jinga Blocks safe for my hamster to chew?

He chews his cage and I put a few Jinga Blocks in there, Thats safer then him chewing on his cage? I dont want to harm him or him harm himself by chewing on the cage. Jinga the game blocks
Answers:
u can try leaving some of the toilet paper roll in the cage or some dried baked bread for gnawing or salt bar for hamster/ salt wheel. or some gnawing block.

try leaving one item at a time so tat your hamster got time to play with the item.
They are ok for him to chew on. But even in pet stores there are kinda like jinga blocks but they are flavored for the hamsters. My hamster would do the same thing I gave him one of those things from the pet shop, he liked it.
don't jinga blocks have like a coating over them and writing on them? not sure...try a dog biscuit instead.
That seems fine to me. But, if your hamster is going to chew on wood, I would take the time to buy wood blocks at the pet store. Jinga blocks are most likely varnished with some kind of protective coating, and that could harm your hamster. Wood is good for a hamster to chew on, but I think something a little more animal safe would be more suitable.
I don't know about the jenga blocks but try cardboard tubes, or you can buy blocks of wood at the pet store that way you will know that they are safe.
if that does not stop chewing an the cage it is not the biggest deal.
also if you notice bald spots on the nose that is common from pets that chew on bars because it rubs their nose just ignore the bald spots

No comments:

Post a Comment