Monday, May 24, 2010

Are my ratties fighting?

ok, i want to know if my rats are fighting.. ive not had to introduce new rats and i cant tell if they are..so if your actually a rat owner who knows, please help..
heres a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gto-y_pte...
Answers:
We have 3 female rats.
Yours are not fighting they are grooming. When fighting they squeak and usually one will roll over on it's back while the other one "pins" it. That shows dominance, if they don't stop shortly after one rolls over you could have a problem.
they are not fighting. when a new rat is introduced to others in the pack they will sniff them and start to clean them. They are basically greeting him/her to thier home.
definetly grooming
If they making a sqeaky noise then yes they are fighting.
If not, they are just preening
When my rats fight (I have 21) I just tap their noses with my finger or the cage to stop them. It works

No comments:

Post a Comment