Monday, May 24, 2010

Are my 2 Gerbils gonna b ok?!? read details..!?

Well, im gonna be gone for a whole entire week at my grandmas, which is 2 hours away from my hometown, and my gerbils have a glass aquarium and a small food dish and these HUGE food bars (which are just a bunch of food stuck together in the shape of a candy bar) and little letter chew blocks and i was wondering if they have enough food..because i usually have to refill thier food bowl over again but now they have big food bars...is that enough?
Answers:
I am sure they would survive a week on one food bowl and a bottle of water. They really don't eat or drink much at all. I think the longest they could survive like that is probably 2.5 weeks, but I would never leave mine for more than one week. They would begin to suffer and you never know what might happen, if they have a fight or something. A good tip is give them lots of fruit and veg as it contains a high percentage of water.
Can't you have a friend or family member come and care for them? I never leave town without having someone I trust come and care for my pets while I'm gone. Leaving big bunches of food behind, for an entire week, isn't going to be useful. I would imagine after a week it would have a stale taste to it...
Yes, I agree with the first answer. Having a friend, or family member take care of your gerbils. This way, your friend, or family member can play with your gerbils, make sure that they enough food and water. No animal can go without at least being checked on for a whole week. Please, your gerbils will be much safer if you have someone care for them. Thanks for taking care of pets, and for taking this answer! Thanks, and good luck!
I agree with the first two posters, you need to find someone to look after them while you're gone.
You also need to make sure they have plenty of fresh water available, maybe put another water bottle in the cage.
As for toys, they need a hidey place, a cardboard box for them to hide in.
They will be fine if you leave them by themselves, but you really should have someone come over and take care of them!
They will b fine. but dont u have a neighbor or family member to take care of them.
What about the water? It would be better if you had a family member to take care of it. Or friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment