Monday, May 24, 2010

Are Hamsters Really Vicious?

I am getting a hamster at the end of the month. I am very curious! FULL ANSWERS
Answers:
No, they are pretty tame. If you don't interact with it a lot, it might run around like a nut when you reach into its cage because its scared. Sometimes, you do get a nipper, but only if its not used to people. You can take them out of the cage, but the run fast and can take off. We found my daughters in the easy bake oven (no, not plugged in). Best thing to do, play with the thing. The more you hang out with them, the calmer and friendlier they are. Just don't bother them during the day (they are nocturnal) and get crabby.
none that i have ever seen.. would like to see one though..
I've never heard anyone say that they're vicious in the first place. If you thought that they were vicious though, why would you be getting one?
To answer your question: no, they're not vicious. All hamsters can be socialized in time. Some take longer than others because they are nervous or you push them too much. However, after your hamster gets used to being handled, it will be a docile ball of fur that you can hold and have crawl around in your lap.
Just like any animal, hamsters have their bad ones and their good ones. When I was growing up, every hamster I ever had attacked me...viciously you might say (at least to an 8 year old). My mom ended up getting me a rat, much more pleasant and easily trainable.
But, some hamsters; like humans, cats, or dogs, just have a bad attitutde. I recommend asking to handle/hold one before you purchase. If they don't recommend it, don't buy it; that usually means that they never handled them either, and therefore, the hamster may not take to you holding or even petting.
No. Some are though. My brothers hamster bites you when you try to get her out of her cage sometimes. She can act vicious sometimes, but is usually nice. Good luck!
Hamsters can't hurt you just nip at you.
I wouldn't say they're vicious but they like to think they're in control.
not at all. just dont wake them up out of nowhere when they are sleeping. they will be cranky
Some are I owned two sisters and every time they escaped their cage and you went to pick them up they would bite the crap out of your hands. I wouldn't recommend anyone getting a hamster as a pet. Rats are better because they don't bit.
When you first get them they will probally bite,but after a while
they probally won't.
If you handle them at a small age, alot, they will tend to NOT to bite or hurt you,. They are usaully very tame. But again i gave my hammy lots of love and still bit me one time. ONLY ONCE! Hamsters Rock, and i am getting one next month!
Every hamster I ever met bit me... HARD
I have had two female hamsters. They are such sweet, loving and charming animals! Coco and Maisy never showed any sign of aggression and never bit me! I recommend you get your hamster a large cage and plenty of tubes and safe toys for hamsters. My hamsters love half strawberries and grapes.
Make sure when getting your hamster you see the staff at the Pet Shop hold the hamster and notice any signs of illness - especially a wet tail (a fatal disease carried from one hamster to another).
I hope your hamster is a success!
It really depends. Ill tell you this. Most dwarf hamster are really mean and they will never stop biting. From my experience black bear hamsters are the nicest.
Hope I helped
It depends on how you treat it...If you mistreat it it will hate you.and then bite you.When you first get it leave it alone for 48 hours to get used to his/her home. don't wake it up during the day because its nocturnal...it takes a long time for it to get use to its owner and surroundings. give it treats to eat and let it eat from your hand to get used to you.its like the golden rule treat others the way you want to be treated.
No, most of them are tame, unless you disturb it while it's sleeping or if your hands smell like food, they will try to bite you. But when i went to the pet store to my my hamster, i petted all the hamsters, and they were all nice.
they're only vicious if u dont pay attention to them...the only way they dont become vicious is if u pay attention to them and make sure they're happy
My hamsters are both sweet as ever.hamsters alone bite when they are scared or feel unsafe just to protect themselves.hamster are very sweet and fun animls and i have never heard a mean hamster so i really dotn think they are
no they are sweet pets, unless you abuse them!

No comments:

Post a Comment