Monday, May 24, 2010

Are rats as sensitive to t.v.'s, vacuums, and such?

I am going to still need to vacuum, and watch T.V. ,and listen to music, and normal teen/human stuff. So when I get some rats, I will need to know how sensitive they are to sounds. Will they become stressed and upset like other rodents, or will they be okay? Thanks.
Answers:
i vacuum the room that i have my girls in everyday, they don't love it by any means but its done rather quickly. if i need to vacuum close to the cages, i just move them.
the television never bothered them as far as i can tell. i'm sure extremely loud music would drive them mad... but these are all things that i don't do around my girls. i play music at a moderate level (i can't "blast" my music, my son hates it!)
its not the noise its the vibration thats the problem
It depends on how loud the sound is... OWWW!
sorry about that my Little sister is bugging me again.
The vacuum won't bug them as long as you don;t suck them up in it. (cause who would like being sucked up in a vacuum?)
As for the TV just don't turn up the volume to loud or if you have to have it loud just move the rat cage in a quieter location.
Stop that!
Mom!

Hi my name is sandy i am her... ow stop that Paige! Your pinching me!
OWWW!
Ok
sorry about that again. my sister can be very annoying!
my boys get stressed out when there isn't a human voice near them so i leave the tv or the radio on when i go out. as for vacuuming just remove them from the room when you have to and they should be fine. i find that that sound scares my boys more than anything so i put them in another room and close the door so that they can hardly hear it.
Mine don't mind the TV but they don't like the vacuum and fire works and really loud noises

1 comment:

  1. I have a little hand vacuum that I use in my boys' cage everyday and they actually chase it and don't seem bothered by it.

    ReplyDelete