Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are gerbils better pets than hamsters?


Answers:
In my opinion, yes they are. I have had both gerbil and hamster and I loved how the gerbils would play with you. Unlike hamsters, they are very energetic and want to be handled and let out. Hamsters spend most of their day sleeping and then get up at night to have fun. Gerbils can sleep either night or day, and if you play with him during the day, he will sleep quietly through the night. They also create a loving bond with you. If you have a schedule (play w/ gerbil at 1pm) then they will remember this time of day is time to play and will get all excited.
I love to hide a sunflower seed somewhere inside my clothes, like in my pants pocket, and then let my gerbil go on my shoulder. he will then begin to search for the seed.
A rat is a rat.
No
Yes!!
no
I think hamsters are cuter and kinder animals
Ask Richard Gere
hmm i guess that depends on the persons opoinion, i personally like hamsters better, there just soo cute and colorful!
Each to his own, of course.
I prefer Hamsters since I raised them so many years ago. Other critters of the like never caught my curiousity.
Thank you for asking
gerbils taste better.
Never thought about it.
Growing up I had hamsters but they tend to die quickly. I can't tell you how many times my hamster died from "wet tail".
Of all the rodent "type" pets (including rabbits), I like the gerbils the best. I think they are the easiest to care for. You don't have to change their litter as often and I always found their behavior to be the most interesting.
Both are evil...they bite they piss all over everything along with poo every where. YOu make there cage look nice and then they make it look messy and ratty and they smell because of the piss.oh man I once had this hamster.well I had two...and they became more then two..and so on...it got to the point they were always having babies...and then I would check them out...and see oh look more babies...what is this...one of the hamsters are eatting the babies.um.I think you should go for a nice kitty...dog.maybe a snake...that way you can feet the gerbil...or hamster to.
They both taste like chicken
I have had both before. I've had Syrian hamsters AND dwarf hamsters, but I still think that gerbils are the best.
From my experience...
-Gerbils are more energetic
-They are less stinky
-They don't pee very much so not as much of a messy cage
-They are usually friendly right off the bat
-They actually seem like they want the attention
-They do very well in pairs
-They are super fun to watch
-Hamsters are cute and some people favour them over gerbils because of how cute they look, but rats aren't all that attractive either and they are the sweetest things.
-Hamsters die quicker it seems like
-Wet tail is a huge threat to hamsters
-Most of them are lazy
-They are harder to tame and not as fun to watch
hope this helps =)
My daughter has a hamster and he is very very good he is tame and has never bitten anyone she hold and plays with it all the time
ive heard hamsters smell a lot worse.
Gerbils are better in a sense that they don't bite and nip as much as hamsters. Not matter how well bonded you are with your hamster, you can almost be certain that a hamster will bite you at some point of time. Gerbils don't bite, they are very sweet and very attached to you. They are also a little more active than hamsters, which, sleep most of the time.
Gerbils have a great temperment. They tend not to be as skiddish as hamsters. They are great if you have kids as they pretty much do not bite (unless they were to be squeezed or something like that). Hamsters have a greater tendency to bite...this doesn't mean that you can't find a sweet hamster because it is possible. Other positive is that gerbils sleep at night and are up during the day where as it is the opposite for hamsters.
Only because you can flush them after death.
I have had gerbils, hamsters, dwarves, and mice. They are all excellent pets in my opinion, but gerbils are by far my favorite. Mice urinate and defecate an insane amount. Cleaning their cage, wheels, houses, and toys becomes an almost daily task. Dwarf hamsters are cute and are usually very healthy, but they are not as friendly and prefer to be left alone. Larger hamsters such as the syrian, and amazingly comfortable with being handled, but they will still bite you to let you know if now is not the right time for cuddling. Hamsters are also very clean animals, and they actually care about where they facilitate in their cages. However, Gerbils are the best in my opinion. They are designed, as desert animals, to produce less waste. I have had my newest gerbil for just under a week and even when I try, I cannot see any visible waste yet. I know it's in there, but it would certainly be worse by now if i had a mouse. Gerbils, from my experience, are the most intelligent. They learn to recognize your voice and the times when you are home. They are very curious animals, and they are very fun to watch. Each one has a different personality. Gerbils are great ^_^
Both satisfy a snakes appetite equally well.
Yes hamsters are very lazy and gerbils are hyper sweet and all around great pets you can buy more than one and put in same cage and hamsters you have to put in seprate cages ;)
Rats are way better than a gerbil or a hamster.

No comments:

Post a Comment