Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are female syrian hamsters more feisty than male ones?


Answers:
What do you mean by "feisty"?
If you mean energetic, then the answer is no. I have found that males can be just as energetic as females. When females are in heat, then yes, they seem to have oodles of energy, but then the next day they will crash. Males are more steady in their activity levels. If they live near a female and can smell her, they will be EXTREMELY energetic and frantic in their efforts to escape and get to the female.
all female hamsters are more feisty than male hamsters
In my experience, females of all hamster varieties are "more feisty" than the males; larger, also. Given the opportunity, and if it's not mating time, they'll attack and kill the smaller, less aggressive male. It's best to keep them in separate cages unless you'd like for them to multiply.
If you WOULD like them to reproduce, the opportunity arises about once every four days. During the appropriate time, when placed together, the female is less likely to harm the male.
If you got bit by a female hamster and then a male hamster then you know the answer.Yes is my answer.
Hamsters have their own personalities, but in general, yes, females are a little more highly strung in all hamster breeds. Male syrians are incredibly laid back, calm and sociable. nothing really fazes them too much. But I have read in alot of books and web sites that the females are a little aggressive.
females are a little more agressive
Not that I have noticed. I currently have a female Syrian and she is so sweet!
I've always had female hamsters, never male ones, and I've never found them to have any aggression whatsoever. As long as she's tamed properly when you first get her.
My brother had males ones and to be honest, I preferred the quirkiness of my females, they seem to have more personality about them somehow
no i have 3 and they are sweeties, actually petsmart only sells females they say they are easier to handle??? I had a male as a child and he was fine too. It's how you treat em.

No comments:

Post a Comment