Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are Fancy Mice a good pet?

I was observing them in the pet store and they act just like hamsters. Are they good pets. Are they easy to care for.
Answers:
I went to the pet store about a week ago and noticed how cute and playful all the mice were. I went home and thought about getting some for a few days and when I returned to the pet store I bought 4 of them.
I've never had mice, and I am learning about them. So far they have made excellent pets. They have a wire wheel and they take turns riding it upside down, they bathe like cats, and make forts out of the cage liner. They are also very sweet to each other. They have paired of in sets of "best friends." One of the four, Peanut Butter, is kinda skiddish, and Meredith will bring her treats into their igloo.
The other two, X. Spearmint and Trixie are always doing something. One day I picked up Spearmint and she wanted down and Trixie stopped building her house and came running to where my hand was making a sound more like a sad puppy than a mouse.
I've really enjoyed them and they are so funny. I am still trying to tame and litter box train them, but like I said I haven't had them for very long.
mice are never good pets... they are vermin
I think they are good pets i have never had one but i know that lots of people like them like m,y friend who is getting hers today! If they are in the same cage at the pet store than yes! make sure they are the same gender though!!!
Good Luck!!
Mice are not pets, they are pet FOOD, get a nice kitty or puppy.
the only thing fancy about mice is...umm... their cage?
'Fancy' mice? Well, I use to have little domestic mice. They are short-lived, but they are the sweetest little things and they basically take care of themselves.
MY son had 6 pet mice at the same time. The problem: when 1 got sick and started to act ill, the others tried to eat it to death! Yes, they had plenty of mice food, but they went after the little one- and my son was really upset.
I would look into getting hood rat. They come in a bunch of different sizes- we had small females. They are so loving, so smart, and my son had taught them tricks. They are not only easy to clean, but they stay clean. We had 3 at a time and they were so great. If you start early with them, they will enjoy a bath and swimming in a bathtub.
For them, you'd need a good size cage- we got ours at the Petstore and we gave them leftover lettuce, fruit, etc. They loved bananas, strawberry, grapes, etc. We also gave them rat food.
Oh, and my son was happy because when 1 died or was dying, the others would seem to take care of it, not try to kill it.He was little and he has autism.
Good luck- and go watch some rats at a petstore. They will amaze you!
I have five mice right now,
They are great pets, easily hand-tamed (or mine were), are great together :]
and to the person above, think your son would be smart enough to separate the ill mouse from the rest?
Perosnaly I love them. I never had any of my own but care for them in the pet store I work at. They are very intelligent aniamls, as well as entertaining. I wouldnt say that are hard to take care of but you must fit them into your daily routine.
Fancy rats make better pets. They are much more intelligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment