Monday, May 24, 2010

Are mice cool to have as pets?

I know many people are going to say rats are better, and I definatley agree, but a rat just isnt in the cards right now.
Answers:
Yes they are great, I have 11 long haired mice, plus a litter of I dont know how many. I LOVE THEM. They all have different personalities. Easy to take care of and dont require alot of space. Just one difference between mice and rats. Rats can all live together. Only female mice can live together male mice do not get along and have to live alone. So if you want more than one get females. hope this helps
YES they are i have 5 of them trust me!

(or get a rabbit)
This is something I posted about mice about a month ago. I now have 8 mice, and I still think they are so cute and funny, and am contemplating getting even more mice. I have all females, and I have noticed that the more I have he more often there are some that are active and it really is very entertaining to watch them. They are a lot smarter than I thought they would be, and my cat enjoys watching them too.

"I went to the pet store about a week ago and noticed how cute and playful all the mice were. I went home and thought about getting some for a few days and when I returned to the pet store I bought 4 of them.
I've never had mice, and I am learning about them. So far they have made excellent pets. They have a wire wheel and they take turns riding it upside down, they bathe like cats, and make forts out of the cage liner. They are also very sweet to each other. They have paired of in sets of "best friends." One of the four, Peanut Butter, is kinda skiddish, and Meredith will bring her treats into their igloo.
The other two, X. Spearmint and Trixie are always doing something. One day I picked up Spearmint and she wanted down and Trixie stopped building her house and came running to where my hand was making a sound more like a sad puppy than a mouse.
I've really enjoyed them and they are so funny. I am still trying to tame and litter box train them, but like I said I haven't had them for very long."
I gave up on litter box training them, as I just don't have the time or dedication to do it. They are very easy to care for, I have two water bottles and two food dishes, and I just change their cage every couple of days.
I think mice are to fast and small, they are very hard to keep up with...but thats just me.
I have a rat and I love her. My sis had mice and they are cute but not easy to bond with.
They are awesome pets. I have two female mice and I love them to bits! They are cute, friendly and very entertaining, they are also very easy to take care of and are inexpensive. Just make sure you get female mice and not male as male mice smell very bad and are more aggressive then females who hardly smell at all and are very friendly, also, be sure to get your mice in pairs or groups, they are social animals and will get depressed and may even die if left on their own.
Here is some useful websites:
http://exoticpets.about.com/od/careofmic...
http://www.aspca.org/site/pageserver?pag...
http://www.afrma.org/rminfo1.htm...

No comments:

Post a Comment