Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are ferret beds and tube socks ok to use for hamster beds?


Answers:
No all you need is hay and tube socks are very good they like to go down the bottom and sleep
It's probaby ok to use them but the hamster will probably chew them up pretty quick. We used to give our rats ferret hammocks but it got expensive because of the chewing, so we make hammocks as cheaply as possible.
Mice chew up hammocks, sleep sacks etc. even faster than rats. I'm not sure about hamsters, as it's been awhile since I've lived with one, but I remember they do love to chew things.
use old rags for bedding, they will have them chewed in no time flat. i had a hamster when i was a kid and my mom didn't realize she had thrown her bathrobe over its cage, and half of it was gone! she was more then mad, but it was her fault too.
i use pvc piping for my rats now and its pretty strong, they haven't chewed threw it and i've had it for over a year. it cost me under 5$

No comments:

Post a Comment