Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are guinea pigs allowed in petsmart?(read inside for what I mean by that)?

You know how people always bring they're dogs to petsmart? Is it possible to bring guinea pigs/ rabbits to petsmart like that?it's a dumb question and I blame my brother for getting me curious.
Answers:
When I was socializing my rabbit, when she was younger I used to bring her to all the chain petstores that allowed dogs. It was hard to shop though, people were always stopping me to pet her, etc (I didn't mind because I wanted her to be comfortable about a lot of people)
I used to bring my rats too, and once my bird(before I let her wings grow)
Yeah, you can bring anything. I've seen people bring their rabbits, etc. in with a harness and leash on. =]
I'm pretty sure that guinea pigs are allowed in petsmart.
Yes you can. in fact, i was at my local petsmart purchasing another fish and i seen a lady with one! try it. nothing will happen!
Probably, but I would be careful not to touch other pigs or rabbits while I was there. You never know if they are harboring a disease that could spread to your piggie!
Yes, all (harmless, small, trained) pets are allowed in petsmart.
Yes,you can always bring small pets into the store and dogs and maybe cats that are trained.
OF course they are any animal can go in petstore!!!
i think it would be alright to bring ur guinea pig in the store. maybe buy a guinea pig carrier or a little leash for him. and if anyone asks, just say "well, dogs are allowed, why aren't guinea pigs?"
2 points
yea i brought my 2 4 month old rats there in a carrier like the dogie carriers that you with little dogies in them
I'm not sure why you would want to take your guinea-pig to the pet shop, it will cause unnecessary stress to your pet and puts him at risk of contracting illnesses from other pets in the shop. When introducing a new guinea-pig to an existing pet you should quarantine it for three weeks beforehand, yet introducing your pet to animals in a pet shop would not include this precaution.
If you do insist on taking your pet there make sure you are taking him in a suitable pet carrier with access to clean hay and water. Do NOT use a lead on a guinea-pig. Guinea-pigs will not walk on a lead like a dog would and as well as it causing a lot of stress to the animal they can also cause life-threatening injuries- if a guinea-pig panics and tries to run away the harness can break its neck.
Not worth the risks, in my opinion.
you can take any animal in there with a leash and as long it remains under control

No comments:

Post a Comment