Wednesday, July 29, 2009

About how much..?

about how much does a hamster and al of the things i will need cost? and if u could give me some links on hamster care and such....and a list of every thing i need. I would really appreciate it!! thamks!!
Answers:
Well the hamster itself is going to cost about $10. The cage that you want can very from $20 to $65( I would strongly recommend just getting a 20 gallon long fish tank they are 27.99 at petsmart and get a mesh wire top for it, thats about 17.99 or so, you might be able to get it cheaper on ebay. This type of cage works the best to keep hamsters and bedding in, drafts out, the other types of cages, the plastic ones will eventually wear out and break or get chewed through), the wheel for the hamster is about $5-$8 depending on size, a house for it also about $5. Food bowl $5, Chew toys are usually pretty cheap 3 dollars, water bottle probably about $4. The bedding I use is relatively cheap, I get a big bag of Aspen Bedding (not pine or cedar, these are bad). The bag is about 12.99 and has lasted me for the past 4 months or so and I also use it for my mice cage, and I still have quite a bit left. A ball for the hamster to get out and run around in is $6. And the food pretty much just depends on your preference. I feed the forti-diet blocks (5lb bag) thats $9 but lasts me about 3 months feeding 4 mice and a hamster with it. After the initial cost of every thing which is somewhere around $115 (this price varies depending on cage and accessories), the hamster should only cost you maybe $15 dollars a month for the following years assuming you dont have any vet visits.
The list of what you need:
Food bowl and water bottle
Chew toys and general toys
House
Cage
Wheel
Run around ball
http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/hamsters/...
http://www.hamsterhideout.com/allabthams...
http://www.myhammie.com/
Hamsters cost alot if you dont have a stedy income. My hampseter cost about $70-100.
Cage- $30
Food- $7
Toys- $15
Bedding- $25 (carefresh brand, 50 litters)
Chew blocks- $5
Water bottle- $5
Food bowl- $4
I went to garage sales and bought a sage for $4!
Depending on what sort of hamster you get, they're about 拢8 around my area. You will need a cage say around 拢30, bedding 拢1.50, sawdust 拢3.50, hamster food 拢3.50, water bottle and food bowl say 拢5, plus toys like a ball, 拢6 they absolutely luv things like cardboard tubes (a loo roll tube would be fine - free!), things like salad and fruit... Once you get the big things like a cage etc the general 'up keep' isn't too bad. Sawdust, bedding and a bag of food will last a while. Just make sure he gets lots of attention and he'll be fine. You can make up games from things around the house like building a maze out of dvds etc. Hope this helps! xx
As for websites, you can Yahoo search them, but I like hamsterific.com ( I think that's right).
Supplies: Cage($20), lid($12), wheel($7), toys(at least $7), water bottle($7), food bowl($3), bedding($10), food,($5) treats($7), and hamster($15 at the most).
So all total, you are looking at around $90-ish to bring your hamster home with a good setup. Keep in mind that some cages already come with wheel, food bowl, water bowl, bedding, and food. These can be had at a discounted price for buying the package deal. You should still buy some toys and treats.
well if you want my old hampster cage(its not that old its less than a year old) i can give you my email address and I will mail it to you.(at your house) if so email me.
alot!!
Hamsters cost about a 100 dollars with everything put together! The hamster itself costs about 10 dollars! You need a water bottle, food, food dish, cage, chew sticks, a little hide out place, a hamster, bedding ( carefresh is the best! Cedar and pine shavings can kill your hamster) and i think that is it! exoticpets.com

No comments:

Post a Comment