Thursday, July 30, 2009

Alfapet aspen bedding?

I just bought alfapet aspen bedding and it looks a bit dusty! is aspen bedding sometimes look small and bit dusty kind of? I'm planning to take a picture, I'll add it to my additional details when I uplaod the pic of the aspen bedding.
Answers:
Some times it can look a little dusty when you first put it in the cage (expecially if the bag got beat up durring shipping, it can break some of the peices up)...It's perfectly fine to use...just try to fan off some of the dust befor you put your small animal in it.
And in reference to the 2 answers above mine...Aspen is one of the best beddings to give small animals...you cannot use Cedar or Pine...
(Recycled News papers usually have a lot of dust) Aspen doesn't have the chemicalls that pine and cedar have that make them toxic...I have used Aspen for over 13 years, and never have had any issues...All of the breeders and other small animal keepers I know do the same...I have had problems with Carefresh and other types of recycled newspaper beddings causing respiratory problems...NO PROBLEMS WITH ASPEN EVER!!
I hope this helps..GOOD LUCK!!
i don't know.
Its probably not dust. Its the bedding except small portions. You know how when you sand wood it gets like that too. Its should be fine. Even if it is dust it should be fine also.
If the bedding is for a hamster forget about it, aspen bedding is totally horrible for hamsters and not supposed to be given to them :(
Aspen is not a good choice of bedding for small animals. The dust is the problem. Don't use it.
Aspen is the best choice as far as wood shavings go. There are no aromatic oils that will harm your animal.
However, I have found that Alphapet is a cheap bedding. It may be dusty. Kaytee is a better brand.
DON'T USE THIS BEDDING! aspen bedding is not good for hamsters, Gerbils, guinea pigs- not good for any small pet. The dust is one of the major problems and can make your pet sick and need to go to the vet. Then instead of saving a dollar or two because you used Aspen, you are losing 100 or more dollars!!
Sometimes aspen can be dusty. It is, after all, wood shreddings/chips. If you're really concerned about this, look for hemp bedding. I've used this before. It's about as cheap as aspen and there's barely any dust. It's also safe.
http://www.pestell.com/pet/bedding_produ...
That kind of bedding can damage the animals liver. Use Carefresh or Crittercare

2 comments:

  1. What is the best store to buy a bed set?
    I am going to buy my first bed and bedding set. I plan on buying a headboard, footboard, rails, mirror, drawer dresser, and a nightstand. I live in California. If I am getting all this for $1000, is that a good deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did this last weekend with super king bedding and it turned out sooo luxurious! I will try this with liners instead soon...thanks!

    ReplyDelete