Friday, July 31, 2009

Am I ready for a ferret?

I have,toys(lots),water bottle,feeders plus food, hammock,cage,collar,leash, harness, carriors,litter plus litter box,bedding,shampoo,nail clippers, ear cleaning care,treats
Am I all set?!
Answers:
Let me first of all say, I LOVE ferrets. It sounds like you have everything you need to take care of a ferret. Now lets see if you have enough knowledge to make an informed decision about getting one.
Are you ready to raise a "toddler?" When I say that, I mean, ferrets are literally like toddler children! They are very cute and very curious. They need close supervision when they are not in their cage, otherwise, like a toddler, they can get themselves into trouble! And they do need lots of attention and exercise outside of their cage. They are very social animals and enjoy lots of interaction with their owners.
They will always have a slightly musky scent to them, but if taken care of properly, they should never stink. They are a lot like cats, and pretty much clean themselves. You may have to bathe them two or three times a year at most. Washing them more frequently than that can actually make that musky scent stronger.
They are more expensive to take care of than, say, cats or dogs. They need good ferret food, which even at Walmart can cost $4 for a small box that will last about a week. And I use a paper bedding that Walmart also carries for $4.22 a small bag. I have a large cage and it takes two bags to fill the bottom. I take meticulous care of the cage and completely change the bedding once a week. So on average, I spent about $15 a week.
Ferrets have a very short digestive system, so they poop every two hours. So get ready to scoop a lot of poop. On the brighter side of the pooping, ferrets' poop has very little odor. But if you leave it in the cage for days, it will start to smell.
I did a lot of research before I bought my ferret so I could make an informed decision. I made the decision to buy mine when he was just 8 weeks old, and I've never regretted getting him even once! Ferrets are a hoot. They have such cute personalities, and they can be so much fun. Just one more thing; they tend to be little thieves. They like to take things from around the house and hide them: shoes, keys, wallets, etc., pretty much anything laying out. So put up what you don't want to search for later! lol
If you decide to get a ferret, I believe you will really enjoy one. Just be the best ferret owner around, because they deserve only the best! Have a lot of fun!!!
yep...pretty much...
don't forget that they like a lot of attention and love.
have fun!

please help me with my problem!
ur more than ready!
people are trying to make ferrets illegial in the usa they are already illegial in CA
just trying to tell you might need to get rid of him
but to answer your question you sound ready to get a ferret
good luck with the little fellow
o yeah!
sure sounds like it... you wouldnt happen to live in las vegas.
if so i have a screaming deal on three of them ,i hate to let them go but i have to..
yep i have one im trying to sell $50 if you want her email me at buddynlucky01@yahoo.com she is about 8 months old
here is a pic of her
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u254/...
Ur definately all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment